Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Exhibit at The Lewis House

Greetings and Happy New Year everyone.
I am happy to say the new year has started with a bang. I am currently in a group exhibit in St. Petersburg, Florida in a show at Eckerd College. It is a varied exhibit with 7 other artists showing their art with mine. The opening was fantastic! Many friends from my childhood days showed up and gave me such warm support. There was a lot of activity and buzz around my corner of the room!
Since that opening exhibit, I have returned to Los ANgeles and made a painting for the tv show: UP ALL NIGHT. What a crack up portrait! It is a victorian/creepy weird painting of the baby in that show. She has these massive hands and a scary expression on her face. It was a lot of fun to do. I also got an e-mail from showing my art on WOOLOO website, from gallery in London! This is most exciting and I will have to have further communications before any real deal could ever be made. It gets pricey making shows happen in your own town, much less around the globe ;)
As far as my new work goes, I am gearing up to make my next Civil War drawing and I have decided to draw Mary Chesnut- a well known poet of that time. She chronicled the war in her poetry.
If the MAyan Calendar is right and we all vaporize at the end of the year, I hope to vaporize having made more art that I loved making and that others loved to see and I hope that my art will be in a gallery or two at that time as well. I am going to do what I can to make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment