Monday, October 22, 2012

I went looking for some sweet inspiration....

The leaves are quickly falling from the trees and most of what was green is now yellow, orange and brown when you look around the parks in Toronto these days. This weekend My husband and I went for a drive up north to see what the trees were saying with their colors up there and I took some lovely pictures by a river in the woods. Now firmly in between drawings I am like a squirrel collecting nuts for winter - shooting pictures while there are still leaves on the branches and while the trees are in this beautiful and delicate state of transformation before standing bare or blanketed in snow. 

I love this time of year because it is a fleeting time of bright colored expression marking the end of warm days and preparing us all for the winter ahead. Changes in weather and seasons are really wonderful to me. They make me feel part of a changeable and organic whole that makes my changeable emotions feel congruent and as natural as the world around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment